Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Next Steps

For more than two months now, this evening's been marked in my calendar as "Mandatory Parent Mtg @ OPRF, 7pm."  That short note in my calendar doesn't begin to tell the story.

Baird attended the meeting tonight, since it fell on a Wednesday and I was busy with Commander duties for Awana.  When I returned home, I was greeted at the door by a very enthusiastic Erin, who couldn't wait to show me OPRF's academic catalog, her placement test results, and a plethora of other papers included in the packet Baird brought home:

Even tho it was getting late, Erin and I spent almost an hour together, going over the papers and her class preferences.  She's even begun to fill out the worksheet at the back of the catalog that spells out her four-year academic plan.  Her excitement over this next phase of her life is palpable.  She's focused.  She's thrilled.  She's more than ready.

I can't believe in just a few short months, I'll have one daughter halfway thru her high school career, and another one just beginning.  As I fell asleep last night, I found myself wondering, once again, how it's gone this fast.  The days may be long, but certainly, the years are short.

No comments:

Post a Comment