Thursday, February 17, 2011

Vacation Day

It's been a very busy month, and I've found myself desperately in need of a vacation day.  I decided to spend my day off at Mel's house for another foodie film fest.  We chose the movie Six Degrees of Separation and decided on high-society Hors d' Oeuvres and tea.  My two offerings consisted of Mini Crab Cakes on Endive with Caper and Lemon Sauce, and Bruschetta with Rosemary, Roasted Red Peppers, Goat Cheese and Prosciutto.  Mel's contribution: Sweet Potato and Bacon Filled Endive Leaves and Mini Raviolis on a Spoon.  The green tea pearls with jasmine from Todd & Holland (when Mel sipped the tea she remarked, "I feel like I'm drinking flowers") were the perfect complement.  This was certainly one of our more memorable F3 events, partly because we were both so in synch with each other from an ingredient perspective - we both used capers and endive in our Hors d'Oeuvres.

When I photographed our day, I didn't realize there were water marks on my lense, which rendered my photos a sloppy mess.  These pics of our day are brought to you by Mel.


We're watching Chocolat next, so our theme will be French food.  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Yum. This was one of the best so far and I loved having the leftover bruschetta for dinner!

    ReplyDelete