Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Industrially Pierced

Late last summer, Kelsey asked if she could have an industrial piercing thru the cartilage in her ear.  Knowing that was a pretty big step, I told her she needed to wait until her 17th birthday, and if she still wanted it then, that would be fine.

About a week before her birthday, Kelsey came running up to me and said, "OH!  Now I remember what I want for my birthday - I want my industrial piercing!"

Up to this point, Kelsey's gone to Claire's for her ear piercings, but they don't handle industrials.  This meant that Kelsey had to order her bar thru a tattoo parlor.  She waited over a month for it to arrive.  They called this morning, and Kelsey was so excited.  Baird accompanied her, and had the "privilege" of watching them stick a hypodermic needle thru her ear in two places and then insert the bar.  "Yes," said Kelsey, "It hurt.  ALOT."  But she says it's totally worth it.  She loves her new look.

And she left the tattoo parlor with just the bar - no ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment