Monday, July 16, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me

Today was my birthday.  When your birthday falls in the middle of vacation, it's easy to lose track of exactly what day it is, and therefore forget the occasion.  That's exactly what happened.  I waited all thru breakfast and the first round of fishing, but Baird and Drew didn't mention a thing.  Lunch passed - nada.  By about mid-afternoon when we were fishing in Whitefish Bay, I decided the guys in my life needed a little prompting.  When I mentioned my birthday, they both looked at each other with expressions that said, "OOPS!"

In their defense, Baird and Drew had a plan, they'd just forgotten to execute it.  Once we returned to the campsite, they approached me looking like this:
My guys brought along cards and sparklers, and sang a campfire rendition of Happy Birthday.  It was a fun way to celebrate.  Spending a gorgeous summer day at a campsite is the cherry on top of the summer birthday sundae!
AND THEN!
I was blessed with this gorgeous sunset to end the day

No comments:

Post a Comment