Friday, March 15, 2013

SURPRISE!

Erin's been talking about her surprise sweet 16 party since the day Kelsey turned 16 two years ago.  Let's be clear:  Erin's the organized party planner of our family, and she's super smart when it comes to sniffing out secrets.  So even tho we've known for two years that we were going to surprise Erin for her birthday, Kelsey and I still had our work cut out for us.

As a parent, I try really hard to be honest with my kids.  I can't even tell you all of the elaborate ruses and outright lies that I have created over the last three weeks, all in the name of surprising Erin.  It was totally worth it!  We got her good this evening - she had absolutely no idea that 30 of her closest friends would be silently waiting in our living room when she came home from a Best Buddies function this evening!



No comments:

Post a Comment