Thursday, July 16, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Between New Orleans, Cousins Camp and Pampered Chef's national convention, it's been a busy first half of July, so my birthday seems almost like an after thought this year. We did celebrate with our good friends S&J Renny at Carnivale in River North.

The first words out of Baird's mouth when we sat down: "You're not going to take a picture of every single thing you eat are you?"

Well when you put it like that...

I just couldn't help taking a picture of the beautiful birthday dessert. I gotta admit that I'm getting a bit spoiled by having all these restaurants make custom desserts for me!


The other thing about Carnivale is that I swear, they stole the dot design right off of Pampered Chef's Simple Additions dots plates and entertaining pieces, and plunked them on the enormous lights that hang around the dining area!
The food was terrific, the atmosphere was party-like, and the company was amazing. It was the perfect way to spend a birthday evening!

1 comment:

  1. I went to a fundraiser at Carnivale and it was a blast! Pretty good food and I got to dance with a drag queen! My kind of night. Glad you had a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete