Friday, July 24, 2009

Sweet Memories

As I was sorting through boxes looking for things to sell at tomorrow's block-wide yard sale, I came across my purple shoes.
Straight from the mid-1980s, these shoes brought back a lot of fun memories.
When I showed them to Baird, he smiled really big and almost got a little misty eyed.
You see, I wore these shoes when Baird was first interested in me, and he used them in his opening line. More than 20 years later and he still remembered.
The air was thick with meaning as we both stared at the shoes, each of us remembering that very special moment. Drew sensed something and asked, "What's the big deal about a pair of really old, worn-out shoes?" Baird replied, "If it wasn't for those shoes, you might not be here."
"Huh? I didn't know shoes had anything to do with babies," replied Drew.
"But they have everything to do with us," returned Baird, and he gave me a big squeeze.
I got a little misty eyed.
* * * I love my family * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment