Thursday, October 29, 2009

Irving Pride

One of the things I love about Southeast Oak Park is the sense of community. I consider it a privilege to live within walking distance of what I consider the best-kept secret in Oak Park: Irving School. I've been making the two-block trek across Ridgeland to the school for nine years now. Even after all this time, I am still amazed at the dedication of the teachers and staff at our school. Each one of my children is a better person because of their Irving experience. While the rest of Oak Park embraces diversity in theory, we successfully live it out in this neck of the woods, and our neighborhood school plays a big role in that.

So, it is with great pride that I have displayed an Irving School Fly Like an Eagle" sign on my front lawn. It's been loads of fun watching these signs spring up all over the Irving district.

No comments:

Post a Comment