Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Where Did I Go Wrong?

We're leaving for Cousins Camp tomorrow, which made today Last Call for Laundry Day.  Each of the kids was told that any clothes they wanted washed to take with them to Cousins Camp had to be down the laundry shoot by noon.

I do my level best to tackle laundry every day so it doesn't stack up.  I honestly don't mind doing a load or two a day; however, I despise getting stuck on laundry all day long when it gets out of control.  So, I was none too pleased to see the mountain Drew shoved down the shoot around 10am today.

As I started sorting thru the pile, I found a t-shirt of Drew's that was still neatly folded, and very clearly had not been worn.  Here was the exchange that followed:

Me:  Drew!  I just found a t-shirt of yours in the dirty clothes that was unworn and still perfectly folded.  That's not ok, do you understand?

Drew:  Yes I do.  From now on, before I throw my clothes down the laundry, I need to unfold them.

Um, where did I go wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment