Sunday, October 23, 2011

Drew's 11!

I'm not exactly sure how this happened...my baby turned 11 today.  Well, actually, I know how it happened.  I just don't understand how it's been 11 years already.

It seems like just a few months ago my doctor was telling me I'd need a Halloween costume for my third child.  "Yeah, right,"  I replied. "You told me to plan on a February birth for my last baby, and she was born on March 12!  I don't believe you.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I'm going to see Election Day still pregnant."

Well, my doctor was right, and on October 23, 2000, Andrew Warren Shattuck was born.  It was clear from the beginning that Drew provides the link between his polar opposite sisters.  He has Kelsey's dark, dark eyes but he also has a cowlick like Erin.  While he's certainly a blend of the girls, he's louder and has more energy than the two of them combined.

When we brought Drew home from the hospital, his sisters couldn't wait to hold him.  They were both running green snot out of their noses and I remember thinking, Please, God, keep him healthy for the first six weeks.  He's just too little to be sick!

And then there's today:

While Drew often feels like his sisters are conspiring against him, they really do love him dearly.  Drew brings an exuberance for life and a passion for spiritual things that's truly inspiring.  Our family wouldn't be complete without the (not so) Little Dude around.

Happy birthday, Drew.  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment