Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Cousins Camp Day 1

Cousins Camp 2012 has begun, but it looks a little different this year.  That's because Kelsey and Erin are not able to attend all of Camp.  This is the first year since my mom started hosting Cousins Camp back in 2000 that not everyone will be together.  We tried as hard as we could, but the girls' summer schedules just wouldn't work this year.  So, today I drove Kelsey and Drew out to Sandy Creek Acres.  I did the requisite drop and dash and then hung out with Ann for the afternoon and evening.  Early this evening I headed back out to pick up Kelsey, and we headed back home after 8:00.  I spent 11 hours in the car today.

Kelsey made the return trip with me because she leaves for Japan early Friday morning, and she still needs to pack.  Erin stayed behind because she has training week for YVC, and she absolutely cannot miss it.  We'll head back out to Iowa Friday afternoon once she's done with her training.

So, our Friday calendar looks like this:

5:30am:  I leave for work
6:20am:  Baird and Kelsey leave for the airport as Kelsey starts making her way to Japan
9:00am:  Erin leaves for her last day of training at the zoo
2:30pm:  I get off work
3:15pm:  Baird and I pick up Erin at the zoo and head out to Iowa
8:45pm-ish:  We drop Erin off at Cousins Camp so she can hang with her cousins on the last night
9:30pm-ish:  Baird and I enjoy a night to ourselves at the Best Western in Independence

phew!  It's days like Friday that are the reason I call this the 5 Ring Circus.


No comments:

Post a Comment