Tuesday, December 15, 2009

It's Christmastime in the City

This year, my Pampered Chef upline directors decided to host the annual Christmas luncheon at The Walnut Room in the former Marshall Field's on State Street. When you dine at The Walnut Room this time of year, it's all about the tradition of eating a festive meal by the enormous tree and much less about the food consumed. Today was no exception - the atmosphere was pure Christmas. There was a pianist playing Christmas carols and taking requests. In fact, she sent a message to our table and asked what we'd like to hear. Without a moment's hesitation, I requested my dad's favorite Christmas carol - Silver Bells. As she played the carol, I realized that the words "It's Christmastime in the city" seemed just perfect for the moment.

Have I mentioned recently how much I love this time of year?

No comments:

Post a Comment