Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I'll Drink to That

When temps hit the 90s in the summer time, there's nothing more refreshing than an ice-cold glass of real, homemade lemonade.  We like our lemonade quite strong and with lots of sugar.  It's best when the rinds are left in for a day and it chills for a good, long while, but if you just can't wait, serving it over an ice-filled glass with a few slices of fresh lemon thrown in will do in a pinch.

While all the kids love fresh lemonade, it's Drew who goes crazy for it.  When Irving put together its cookbook, Drew submitted our family's recipe for lemonade like this:

My Favorite Lemonade

6 lemons
3-1/2 quarts water
3-4 cups sugar

Squeeze lemons with a citrus press so there's not much pulp in the lemonade.  I hate pulp.  Place juice in a gallon pitcher.  Add sugar and water and stir until it's mixed.  This is the recipe for homemade lemonade that my grandma gave to my mom, and I like to make it with my mom.  It's so yummy!

1 comment:

  1. I just paged through the Irving cook book! I bet that lemonade surely hit the spot!

    ReplyDelete