Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cupcake Central

The Awana TnT Girls Club needed 60 cupcakes for their Happy Birthday Everyone! theme tonight, so I volunteered to make them all.  I spent the morning making three flavors:  chocolate fudge, vanilla, and red velvet.  This afternoon's project was frosting them.  I just didn't have it in me to make intricate decorations on 60 cupcakes, so I wimped out and made 3 different types of frosting instead.  Here's a pic of what the finished product:
The Girls Club really enjoyed the cupcakes, but there were quite a few left over, which means there are several cupcakes sitting on my counter tonight, just begging for me to eat them.  Oh goodie.  I'm going to be lying on the beach in less than three weeks, and I'm nowhere near "swimsuit ready."  And now there's red velevet cupcakes calling out to me (red velvet is my second favorite cake, behind the almighty poppyseed cake).  All I can say is, tomorrow's breakfast is gonna be sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment