Friday, August 6, 2010

Catch Up Time

I stayed out in Iowa this year while the kids went to Cousins Camp.  Last night I did a Pampered Chef party for my dear friend SMS, and today we went shopping.  I introduced her to Scratch; she introduced me to Barn Happy
SMS and I are old friends.  We met back in the early 1980s when she was my camp counselor and I worked as a life guard at IRBC.  We were pen pals back in the days before email and Facebook.  When she came to Waterloo to teach, I was her student aid.  We were involved in each other's weddings and have watched each other's kids grow and change.  I was with her family when her two boys watched their first professional soccer game.  We just don't get to see each other often enough, so we really took advantage of this time to catch up on each other's lives.  We pretty much talked non-stop for the better part of a day-and-a-half.
Thanks, SMS, for this extended catch-up time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment