Saturday, August 21, 2010

Shattuck Repair Shop

My bike is the ugliest, most bare-bones thing you've ever seen.  I got it at Walmart at a Black Friday sale years ago. The seat is rock hard.  It hasn't shifted well in, oh, probably five years.  The last two years, the pedals have started falling off here and there (that's as annoying as it sounds).  How bad is this bike?  In the 20 years we've lived in Oak Park, it's the only full-size bike we've owned that hasn't been stolen.  Yea, it's that bad.  But that was the whole point of me buying this bike to begin with:  get something that thieves will pass on.

Baird and Kelsey spent most of this afternoon working on fixing up my bike.  They bought new pedals and fixed the gears.  So I think here's the best way sum this all up:

Initial cost of bike:  $40
Replacement pedals:  $40
Replacement gear parts:  $20
Daddy/Daughter time spent together in the Shattuck Repair Shop:  Priceless

No comments:

Post a Comment