Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Night Among Friends

Last night we invited Vic & Co. over for a South-of-the Boarder, Prelude to Poker dinner.  We ate (at one point, Jay was literally weeping with joy over the food).  We drank (and Bree showed off her two-fisted skills).  We played Rock Band (and wow, were we bad!).  We played poker (and Drew learned the finer points of Texas Hold 'Em).  The party broke up after 2 this morning.

First course:  Full House  - Cumin and Blue Chip Duo with trio of Accompaniments:  Black Bean and Corn Salsa, Peach and Pepper Salsa, and Guacamole


Second Course:  Cold Call - Shrimp Ceviche in Lime Cups with Plantain Chip Garnish


Third Course:  Hot Deck - Green Chili Frittata Bites with Salsa Verde and Tomato Garnish


Fourth Course:  Small Blind - Grilled Marinated Flank Steak with Roasted Corn Relish and Mexican Micro Potatoes with Southwestern Dust

Fifth Course:  Main Pot - Red Mole Enchiladas with Shredded Pork
Mexican Brown Rice
Roasted Corn, Jicama and Mango Salad with Citris Splash

This is where I must admit that in the midst of serving such fine fare, I fell down on the camera part.  Two full courses slipped by me with no photos.  I will say they were thoroughly enjoyed.  The flank steak was pronounced the best ever.  The micro potatoes, which contained an entire head of roasted garlic, were met with great enthusiasm.

For the Main Pot, everyone was impressed with the complexity of the red mole sauce.  The roasted corn, jicama and mango salad was the perfect complement to the enchiladas.

I did remember to capture the dessert:  Bluff - Watermelon Trompe l'Oeil.  Matt remarked, "I only know one of those three words, but I like it already."


Lots of people don't believe me when I say there truly is nothing I'd rather do than put together an amazing meal for good friends, but it really does bring me joy.  Thanks, Vic & Co., for giving me an excuse to throw a party!



No comments:

Post a Comment