Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sounds from Iowa

We ate Sunday dinner at Culvers with Mom and Dad.  As we were leaving the restaurant, two conversations gave me big laughs.  The first one involved Drew and this sign:


Drew:  Mom, did you see that sign?
Me (smiling):  That's funny.
Drew:  Mom, how is that funny?  I tasted the plant, and there's NO WAY it tastes like ice cream!
Me (laughing):  Oh, Drew!

The second conversation involved Erin, Kelsey and me:

Me:  Don't forget, we're having that Yaki Teppan stuff for dinner tonight at Uncle Charlie's so go light on the snacks on the way down there.  Kelsey, did I say that right?
Kelsey:  Huh?  Um, I don't know.
Erin:  Mom, don't you mean Yom Kippur?
Me:  Erin, I'm not sure if I'm saying it quite right, but I know I don't mean Yom Kippur.  Yom Kippur is a Jewish holiday.
Kelsey:  Erin, what are you thinking?  You can't eat a Jewish holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment