Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Cautiously Optimistic


During what can only be described as an across-the-board-nasty campaign, I seriously considered sitting out this mid-term election, but I just couldn't.  I often vote split-ticket, since I don't completely agree with either political party.  This time around I found myself so disgusted with the attack ads and the constant recorded messages left on my phone that I voted mostly Green Party and Independent.
At this point (10:30 pm), many of the Illinois races are too close to call, and the catch-phrase of the night from many candidates seems to be "cautiously optimistic."  It'll be interesting to see what happens.  Regardless of how it all turns out, I did my part.  And that means I get to complain for the next two years at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment