Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Day

In true "The Show Must Go On" fashion, I continued my rally today to throw a fabulous Thanksgiving dinner, in spite of a raw throat and diminished taste buds due to a nasty, tenacious cold.  I have so much to be thankful for:

*Getting to cook with my mom, and listening to her pass down the secrets of our traditional Thanksgiving dishes to my daughters

*Missy's entire family joining us this year, for the first time since before Kelsey was born

*For the collaborative spirit of all the members of the 5 Ring Circus, who worked hard together to make this Thanksgiving dinner come together in such a calm and orderly fashion

*For my dear hubby's brilliant and courageous idea 14 years ago:  "Honey, let's put the turkey on the grill"

*For the ER staff at West Sub last night, who made sure Erin's asthma attack got under control so she didn't have to be admitted

H A P P Y   T H A N K S G I V I N G !

No comments:

Post a Comment