Saturday, November 6, 2010

Rookie Behind the Wheel

Even tho Kelsey was booted out of Driver's Ed earlier this semester due to overcrowding, she was in long enough to get her learner's permit.  While she's driven Grandpa's pick-up around his place in Iowa, today was her first adventure behind the wheel in Oak Park.  Baird gave her some words of wisdom before she and I tooled around the neighborhood.

Kelsey was very careful, but I still found the experience of teaching her a bit nerve wracking.  After about 20 minutes, she said she'd had enough.  She steered pretty well and obeyed all the traffic signs.  She didn't hit anything.  And yet, I'm pretty sure my hair is waaaaay grayer than it was this morning.  After just one lesson.  Once again, I'm wishing she came with a pause button.

No comments:

Post a Comment