Thursday, November 12, 2009

Lovin' My Job

I own my own business for lots of reasons. I love the flexible hours. I like being my own boss. Almost 5 years ago, when I was considering what I could do to contribute financially to our household income, it occurred to me that I should look at what I love to do, and try to make money at it. I'm a foodie with a passion to help and inspire others, and so when I investigated starting my own Pampered Chef business it seemed like a good fit. I could sell a product line I already loved, and I could incorporate my passion for good food that's easy to make.
Tonight I headed down to Orland Park to inspire my host and her friends. We had a wonderful time putting together a Jamaican Jerk Chicken Salad.

Of course I'm selling kitchen tools, but that's only part of my job. I'm also a part-time trouble shooter. I've rescued failed jello that was due to be eaten at a funeral luncheon. I've given pointers on making a better stock for chicken soup. I've helped with birthday cakes and appetizers for baby showers. I've inspired carnivorous parents to cook for their vegetarian children.

Far and away the best part of my job is the people I've had the privilege of meeting. More than anything else, I've remained friends with many of those who have hosted parties in their home. Tonight was no exception. I met T.C. through a mutual friend, but I already know that even after her Cooking Show closes, we'll keep in touch, and that's truly the best part. Did I mention how much I love my job?

No comments:

Post a Comment