Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Let's Go Hawks!

Tonight the Iowa Hawkeye football team played in the Orange Bowl against Georgia Tech. Iowa's had an amazing, nerve-wracking, come-from-behind-in-most-games season that made this game a must-watch. While the rest of the family came and went, Erin and I snuggled under blankets in the basement and watched the Hawkeyes take the lead early and never look back. I've always been proud to be a Hawkeye fan, but never more so than tonight.
Final score:
Iowa: 24
Georgia Tech: 14

I think I'm going to have to get one of these t-shirts in the very near future.

Way to go Hawks!!

1 comment:

  1. I know, shocking that I am posting a comment, esp. by the Hawks entry. I was checking out your blog (saw from Christmas letter) and was searching for your national debut on Diners . . . couldn't find it, but so enjoyed scrolling through your thoughts on life (esp. Oak Park logo). Also, was the foster baby another child the Gaskill's took in to their family or somebody else?

    ReplyDelete