Sunday, March 28, 2010

3 Country Music Acts

My college friend Tracy and I started attending concerts together in the mid-1980s after we both moved to the Chicago area.  Tonight we traveled out to DeKalb to see 3 fantastic acts.  First up was Sarah Buxton.  Best song:  Stupid Boy.  Here's Sarah and me during intermission.  She loved my necklace!



Next up:  Trace Adkins.  Every song was great, but You're Gonna Miss This gets my vote for best song.  I cry every time I hear it, and tonight was no exception.

Last up:  Martina McBride.  A class act all the way.  She's tiny and beautiful, and in my opinion she has the best vocals of any female country star out there today.  Best song:  Independence Day, altho I'm Trying from her new album is a haunting song about a complex relationship.



No comments:

Post a Comment