Monday, March 15, 2010

A Movie Tradition

This past fall, My mom called me after she saw Julie & Julia for the first time and warned me, "You're going to be hungry after you watch the movie.  Make plans afterwards to eat somewhere better than McDonald's."

My friend Mel and I followed her advice, and after we saw the movie we went to The Buzz and split a plate of hummus.  It wasn't quite enough, and we wound up getting cheese at the Marion Street Cheese Market and taking it home to share with our hubbys for dinner that night.  It was such a perfect ending to a foodie movie afternoon. 

I was lucky enough to score the movie Julie & Julia as a Christmas present this year.  I've seen the movie quite a few times now, and every time I watch it, I get cheese from Marion Street Cheese Market, buy a little fresh fruit and some good crackers.  It's a fun little ritual, no matter who I share it with.  Baird thought it was a perfect way to experience the movie.  Missy was over on Saturday, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

This morning my friend Pat R. came over, and I shared Julie & Julia with her, as well as some tasty fruit, cheese and crackers.  When I declared that this part of my day was my Best Thing, Erin asked, "Are you planning on watching that movie with every single person you know?"  Well...maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment