Friday, March 5, 2010

Wonderland



Last night Baird and I took Kelsey to the midnight viewing of Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland in 3D at the Lake Theater in Oak Park.  There was certainly a young vibe to the crowd, as I'm pretty sure Baird and I were twice as old as everyone else in the theater.  It's been a long time since I was at a theater in the middle of the night watching a movie, but this movie was worth losing sleep over.
Tim Burton has somehow managed to turn this fairy tale into something that is eerie and beautiful at the same time.  The movie is stunningly gorgeous, never more so than in the walk thru the forest with colorful leaves falling - I felt like I was floating right along in the middle of it all.  And the way the Cheshire Cat appears, disappears, and reappears is pure magic.  In spite of all that, of course my favorite character is Johnny Depp's presence as the Mad Hatter.
See this movie in 3D - I just can't imagine it otherwise - and be sure to stay thru the credits at the end, you won't want to miss the surprise.
You know how good a movie is when you leave the theater and say to each other, "I can't wait to own this movie!"  Don't miss Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, it's just too good to pass up.

No comments:

Post a Comment