Monday, March 1, 2010

Timeless Food

Today was Casimir Pulaski Day so the kids had the day off school.  When I first moved to Chicago I thought people were joking when they told me about the holiday.  I had never heard about this Pulaski person growing up in Iowa.  It turns out Pulaski was born in 1747 in Poland.  You can read all about his life here, but the highlights are that he came to this country in 1777 and fought in the Revolutionary War.  He is considered the Father of the American Cavalry.
So, since there was no school today, Drew and I headed to The Depot for donuts.  Here's a snippet of our conversation:

Drew:  Have you ever heard of a timeless book?  You know, like in literature?
Me:  Ok...so what are some examples?
Drew:  Old Yeller, Robinson Cursoe.
Me:  Ok, what's your point?
Drew:  Yeah, well, this is timeless food.  These donuts will always be remembered.


No comments:

Post a Comment