Thursday, March 25, 2010

Rediscovering the Classics



Because of a crazy family schedule this evening, I knew we wouldn't all be sitting down together for a family supper.  I've discovered on nights like that this that it's great to have breakfast for supper.  The kids jusst love this theme, but Baird's not a big fan so it works best on nights when he's eating out.  Tonight was one such night.

When Kelsey checked in after school, I asked her which she preferred, pancakes or waffles.  I got an enthusiastic "PANCAKES!"  from her and she said goodbye.  She called back about 30 seconds later saying, "Mom, when my friends heard me say 'pancakes,' they got really excited.  Can they come for supper too?"

Sure.  After all, making a triple batch of pancakes is as easy as making a single batch. 

After filling up on pancakes, bacon and hot chocolate, the group wondered downstairs to see what they could find to watch on TV.  Nothing was grabbing them...until they saw the DVD set that holds the entire collection of Looney Tunes.  They sat down and started watching.  An hour or so later, they came upstairs for air and remarked, "I don't think I ever realized how great the Looney Tunes really are.  They're so funny!"

No comments:

Post a Comment