Friday, May 14, 2010

Another Foodie Film Fest

Mel and I got together for one last foodie film fest before school's out in another few weeks.  I brought my bacon and chive popovers.  See if you can find the well-dressed lady on a star background in the popover in the front row.  This little surprise piece of artwork was brought about by bacon and chives.

Adding a popover to crispy green beans with hints of smokey paprika...
...and garlic-thyme potato pieces...
...made today's lunch just incredible!

Mel had initially thought about making soup, but decided to switch gears and made this lovely lunch instead.  Just when I think the food at her house can't get any better, Mel comes up with something like this and it was just incredible!

We sat down with these gorgeous plates of food made from scratch and watched Food, Inc.  This is a must-see movie that's very thought provoking.  I've mentioned before that I like to know where my food comes from.  Watch this movie and you'll agree.

1 comment:

  1. Super yummy! I hadn't considered this would be our last foodie film day for awhile until you mentioned it. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete