Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

In the 15 years since I became a mom (has it really been that long?!), I've learned a few things:

*I did my best parenting before I had children
*I never knew how intense (for good and bad) my emotions could run
*I'm an imperfect parent raising imperfect children in an imperfect world...and so is everyone else
*There are fewer things in life that are more humbling than a child's love and adoration

I could go on and on, but suffice it to say that I love being a mom.  I wouldn't trade it for anything.

This is the special surprise Kelsey and Erin made for me last night:  the letter M (for Mom) baked in chocolate cake made from scratch with chocolate frosting, trimmed with purple frosting.  It was rich and delicious!

And as an added bonus, Erin scored her first goal of the spring season this afternoon!

Thanks, family, for being exactly who you are.  I wouldn't trade you or change you no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment