Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday Dinner

After an inspiring Easter Sunday service at the Wrede Clan's church, we met up with Mom and Dad and headed down to Oxford, IA for a fabulous meal.  You can read my full review of Restaurant Augusta here, but here are some highlights:
The carrot soup is amazing, and, for the record, is not served as sloppy as it looks here.  Dad ordered it, took one bite and said, "You have to try this!"  We started passing the soup around the table, and this is what it looked like when it finally made its way to me.  He was right - it's incredible.  If you ever get to Restaurant Augusta, I hope you're lucky enough to land there when carrot soup is the soup of the day.

Mom's steak and potatoes were perfect, and she was impressed that she had three finishing sauces from which to choose.
The pork tenderloin sandwich is Iowa's trademark. They are served everywhere, and there are entire chains dedicated to them. Restaurant Augusta's version won the 2005 pork tenderloin sandwich contest at the Iowa State Fair, and it's easy to see why - it's one of the best I've ever had.

I'm already plotting my return to Restaurant Augusta!

No comments:

Post a Comment