Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Digging Up Bones

I've mentioned before that my minivan was Mommed long ago, but I think we've stooped to a new low.  I just found out today that we've been carrying some bones belonging to a deceased heron in a small compartment in the back of the van since Labor Day weekend.  Erin found several bones near our camp site at Devil's Lake, and I allowed her to bring them back so she could show them to her science teacher for proper identification.  Unbeknowst to me, she only took some of the bones in for the ID, and my van has been doubling as a hearse, carting the remaining pieces all over the Midwest.  Drew found them this afternoon.  When he announced his find, I glared at Erin, who was supposed to remove the all of the skeletal remains months ago.
Erin grinned a little and said, "Oops."
Understatement of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment