Friday, April 30, 2010

Share and Share Alike

Today was Irving School's W.O.R.M. (Work On Reading in the Morning) Club breakfast. Between last night and this morning, I made three coffee cakes to take for the breakfast. I got to school at 6:30 this morning to help set up. We had plenty of food to go around, and there was an entire coffee cake plus a little more left over at the end of the breakfast.  I divvied up the coffee cake among the volunteers who stayed to help with clean up.

I don't mean to brag, but this coffee cake is really, really good, and I truly enjoy sharing it with others.  SB wrote on my Facebook wall early this afternoon, "I am enjoying coffee cake for lunch...thanks to you for such a yummy treat!!"

And speaking of sharing, Erin babysits for the Rapp. family, and L makes fresh Challah bread every Friday.  She brought it to one of the school functions last fall, and it was so good I just about melted when I took that first bite.  I told her later, "You can pay Erin in Challah!"

So it was with great surprise and delight that I accepted a loaf of fresh Challah from L at pick up this afternoon!  And when I mean fresh, I mean it was still piping hot when she handed it to me.  What a special gift!  I asked her if I needed to wait until sundown to slice into it, and she assured me since I'm not Jewish, it was fine to take it home and dive in.

It was such fun to share my coffee cake this morning, and it was even more fun to get the Challah this afternoon.  In this case, I think it was more blessed to receive, than to give.


1 comment:

  1. I'll have to make you some of my Challah some day. Maybe I'll make it before we come visit and bring it with me :).

    ReplyDelete