Saturday, April 24, 2010

It's Just You 'N Me

Saturdays in the spring tend to be busy for the 5 Ring Circus, and today was no exception.  Kelsey and Drew both had soccer games this morning (they both won and Drew scored a goal).  Erin spent the day and evening at SSG's Bar Mitzvah ceremony and celebration.  Then this evening, with Erin still out and Kelsey and Baird headed to a battle of the bands at a friend's house, Drew and I found ourselves alone for the evening.

Almost since Drew could talk, he's loved having Mommy-Drew time.  When he was very small, we would drop the girls off for school, and as we were heading home he would get this little grin on his face, look up and me and say, "Now it's just you and me!"

Drew and I decided to catch a late afternoon movie at the Lake Theater.  We saw How to Train Your Dragon in 3-D.  Drew really enjoyed it.  I hadn't really wanted to see it because I was so hung up on the fact that historically speaking, Vikings aren't exactly tied to dragons.  I wasn't sure I'd be able to suspend enough disbelief to actually enjoy the movie.  If you can just put that aside, it's a cute flick.  There's lots of lessons on thinking outside the box, team work, and being true to yourself.  And I really enjoyed hanging out with Drew, just him and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment