Thursday, July 1, 2010

21

Then...
Yes, it was a fairy tale wedding, complete with a carriage-ride departure from the church.  I kept with tradition and wore:
*Something old:  Grandma Hodges' pearls (my mom and her sister wore them at their weddings too)
*Something new:  my wedding dress (made by my mom)
*Something borrowed:  my veil (it was my aunt's)
*Something blue:  my garter

Now...
We dined at (k)new restaurant in the Logan Square neighborhood.  Chef Omar Rodriguez is brilliant, and we enjoyed a fantastic dinner.  Everything from the amuse bouche to the dessert cheese plate was well thought out with layers and layers of flavor.

And, in honor of our 21 years together, I wore:
*Something old:  my necklace and earrings (Baird bought them for me on the beach in Barbados on our honeymoon)
*Something new:  my blouse
*Something borrowed:  the earrings in my second piercing (sorry, Mom.  I know I've had them forever.  I'll get them back to you at Cousins Camp)
*Something blue:  unmentionable ;-)

For the last 21 years, Baird has been my lover, my partner, my friend, my biggest fan.  He believes in me more than I believe in myself sometimes.  We can finish each others' sentences, and communicate volumes with just a look.  I cannot imagine my life without him.  I'm still head-over-heels in love with him, even after 21 years.  I'm so thankful God brought us together!

2 comments: