Saturday, July 3, 2010

Summer in the City

We spent today down at Taste of Chicago.  When I mentioned this on Facebook this morning, people thought I was crazy to take my family into the city to mingle with about a million other people.   Truth be told, I've avoided this event for years because I was just too afraid to take the kids down into the chaos when they were small.  Today I realized how much I've missed it.  There is no better way to sample ethnic food in Chicago.  We ate everything from fried chicken and Asian shrimp bundles to sauteed goat.


An added bonus:  Vera Bradley was giving away samples of their products, and the girls walked away with some fun bracelets and wallets.  Erin's friend A said it best when she remarked, "I just love free stuff!"


As if all that wasn't enough, getting to hear the Steve Miller Band live, for free, was amazing.  We were able to score third row, center seats to hear this legend perform.   There is something really special about a free outdoor summer concert on Chicago's front porch. Just when we thought it couldn't possibly get any better,  Gerald Johnson, the bass player, threw his guitar pick into the audience at the end of the concert, and Kelsey wound up with it.

I love summer in the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment