Friday, October 22, 2010

Blood Letting


Erin and her friend wanted to visit a haunted house.  I told them I'd drive them and hang out, but there was no way I was going thru.  Haunted houses seriously creep me out.  The first one I ever went thru gave me nightmares for a week.  The second (and last) one...well, I still get shivvers just thinking about it.

Anyway, I drove the girls out to Melrose Park tonight so they could experience their first haunted house.  There were two lines:  a slow, cheap line, and an expensive, VIP-fast-track line.  The girls were being frugal and didn't want to spend the extra bucks just to ditch the line.  I thought this made good sense (pun intended) and waited in line with them.  All of a sudeen, out jumps this totally gross-looking guy who makes me an offer:  donate a pint of blood and get free VIP passes, allowing you to ditch the line.  I negotiated with him to let the girls go thru the haunted house on the VIP passes while I gave blood, and he agreed.

While the girls were being scared silly in the haunted house, I did some blood letting of my own in the blood mobile.  When the girls were done with their tour and I had finished donating, we headed back to the car in good spirits.  The girls were so appreciative that I'd been willing to donate so they could get the free VIP passes and skip the line.  They were excited about their first haunted house, and were having a blast telling me all about it.  The mood was lighthearted and festive as we got into the car...right up to the point an old hag got in the back seat with the girls!  When they let out a terrified scream, I assumed there was someone at the window.  I didn't realize that person had actually jumped into our car!  When I turned around to check on the girls, the old hag was quite literally right in my face.  And yes, I let out a very, very loud scream!  There's nothing like a good fright leading up to Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment