Sunday, October 17, 2010

Color Canapy

This year more than most, the trees are turning color slowly, from the top down.  As I've walked around town, I've noticed many trees seem almost stuck in transition, with their tops tinted in bright fall colors while their bottoms cling stubbornly to their summer green hue.  Here's what that looks like in our back yard:

I have to admit that I feel this sense of urgency with respect to photographing the two large elms that grace the parkway in back of our house.  Even tho they are but a shadow of their former selves, they are still majestic, stretching higher than any of the other trees on Fillmore.  I know their days are numbered.  Really, I'm not a tree hugger, but I love these two old trees that frame the maple across the street with such grace and beauty.  I hope they live to see another fall, but just in case they don't, I'm chronicling their final walk thru the seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment