Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Thatcher's Golden Canopy

Every year about this time, I look forward to driving over to Thatcher Woods where Strikers soccer practice is held.  There's always a week in the fall where the drive thru the woods over to the open field is a gorgeous golden canopy.  Last week the leaves were just beginning to change, but hadn't quite made it to "golden canopy" status.  I was worried with winds in the 50 mph range a few days ago that perhaps all the leaves would be down already and I would have missed this glorious spectacle. This afternoon when I turned the corner, I was thrilled to see this:

If the sun is shining in the late afternoon when the golden canopy is at its peak, the colors are positively how-stopping.  Today was cold and cloudy and so the colors were a bit muted, but still worth noting.

Beautiful fall, I'm so glad you're here!

No comments:

Post a Comment