Friday, October 1, 2010

Tea for Two and the Art of Take Out

This morning I gathered up my tea things and transported them over to Mel's house for late morning tea.  It was just going to be tea, but when I started pulling out all these delightful dishes, Mel looked at me and said, "You know, I think I've got the ingredients to throw a couple of things together."  With a few chops, slices and whips, this lovely little tea party for two was born.  What fun!


The tea party was a fabulous prelude to ordering take out from Bodi and watching the 1994 movie Eat Drink Man Woman.  Sure, we could have eaten take out straight from the little cardboard boxes and called it a day, but what fun is that?  When watching a movie that features beautiful food, it's so much more fun if the food you're eating is also beautiful.  Here's a quick study in the art of take out:





Thanks, Mel, for a wonderful day!  And just when I thought our foodie film fests couldn't get any better!

1 comment: