Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Walnut Room 2010

Today was our annual trip down to The Walnut Room for breakfast and Santa.  I can hardly believe we've been doing this for 15 years!  We waited too long, tho - they ran out of mugs.  Can I just say:  this was never a problem before Macy's bought out Marshall Field's.  Ok, enough snarking.  It really was a wonderful day.


While we were eating breakfast, we asked the kids about their favorite Walnut Room memories.  They all mentioned how much they enjoy seeing the chocolate city.

Writing letters to Santa is a newer tradition, but still a favorite.

The line to see Santa was over an hour long, and the kids found ways to entertain themselves.  Honestly, it's so much easier to wait thru that line these days when we're not carting a double stroller and impatient pre-schoolers.

We spring for the professional portrait every year, but I also enjoy capturing the more candid moments of the kids chatting with Santa.  I'm also thrilled my almost-16-year-old is still willing to play along.
M E R R Y   C H R I S T M A S ! ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment