Monday, February 1, 2010

Friends

Growing up in a small town, I went to school with the same kids year after year. We didn't switch schools for middle school or high school, we just moved to a different part of the same building. My kids' school experience is vastly different from mine, and sometimes I wish I'd had some of the opportunities they are given.

For example, they have the chance in middle school (and again in high school) to exponentially expand their friend base, since the middle school combines four elementary schools and the high school combines three middle schools.

This afternoon Erin invited one of her new friends over. They had such fun that A stayed for dinner and hung out for awhile afterwards.

Erin's done a remarkable job blending her old and new friends. It reminds me of an old song my grandma taught me:
Make new friends
But keep the old
One is silver
And the other gold

No comments:

Post a Comment