Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Has it really been 15 years?


15 years ago today, at 3:42 in the morning, my life changed forever when Kelsey was born and I became a mom.  Tonight at supper we celebrated Kelsey's life and everything we love about her.  We talked about bringing her home from the hospital on a cold winter afternoon.  We mentioned how she used to sleep on Baird's chest when she was a newborn.  And as we watched the snow falling outside, there was mention of Botchy Noma (Frosty the Snowman), the snowman we built with Kelsey when she was 2, and she cried when it melted.  There was laughter over Kelsey's sense of humor and love of all things make believe.

Kelsey decided she wanted a homemade apple pie instead of birthday cake.  This was my first attempt at apple pie - I usually make apple crisp instead of apple pie.  Not bad for a first attempt, except that birthday candles don't stand up very well in a pie.

The past 15 years have brought angst and excitement, laughter and tears as Kelsey has grown and changed before our very eyes.  I'm so glad she's a part of our family.  Happy birthday, sweet Kelsey.  I love you no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment