Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl Party

For years Baird and I have hosted Super Bowl parties.  There were a few years where we packed the house, having as many as 75 people for the event.  It was crazy.  I'd spend an entire week re-arranging the furniture to accommodate everyone.  As in, Drew's dresser and bed were stored in the attic for the day while his room transformed into the Island of Sodor so all the little boys could play Thomas the Tank Engine.

The last year we had that large a group was the year Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake performed their historic half time celebration and the infamous "wardrobe malfunction" occurred.  I missed it - I was too busy entertaining to pay attention to the game.  In fact, I didn't even know who won that year.

It was at that point I told Baird, "No more," since I truly love watching the Super Bowl game and the commercials.  We compromised on entertaining on Super Bowl Sunday on a smaller scale.  We still have people over, but it's much more manageable now that the kids are older and it's a smaller group.

Tonight we invited six families to join us and it was a blast.  I served hot dogs, Super Bowl Chili and Taco Soup.  Each family contributed food too, and we had two tables loaded down with food.  It was so much fun.  And I'm glad the Saints won.  I was rooting for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment