Friday, February 26, 2010

The Shattuck Bakery

Between cranking out the 36 cream puffs with Erin yesterday and baking five batches of poppyseed cakes today with my friend Ray Bob, my kitchen certainly feels like a bona fide bakery.  I committed to making two cakes for the dancin' for desserts part of Irving's Fun Fair tomorrow, and Ray Bob's poppyseed cake supply had run low.  He usually joins me for my annual poppyseed cake baking in December, but our schedules just wouldn't mesh before the holidays.  It seems to me that baking is meant to be shared.  In my mind, it's as much fun to share the process as it is to share the finished product.
Ray Bob turned his two batches into cupcakes, some to be eaten now and most to be frozen and enjoyed throughout the year.  My three batches provided me with two bundt cakes, one full-size loaf and three mini-loaves.  It's a good thing I'm giving most it away, because I love poppyseed cake as much as I love The Depot's Donuts.

1 comment:

  1. Tee- Anne Wakely and Karin Sullivan want the recipe for your cake! They were raving about it at the fair today!! It was a huge hit.

    ReplyDelete